Monday, August 22, 2011

Cooking for One

Last Sunday Chase went to Canada for work for two weeks. Honestly, I was a little more upset than I thought I would be. I mean, in my head, I thought, "It is only a little less than two weeks. He will be back before you know it," but it made me sad. 

Luckily, my mom and sister had invited me to go see The Help with them after Chase left. I was glad to have that to go to and to have them to go spend time with. And, oh-my-goodness, The Help is such a great movie. I will go see it again with anybody who hasn't seen it. You will laugh and you will cry. Love love love. 

So back to how Chase is gone... one night, I came home and decided I wanted a cooked meal. Not a Lean Cuisine, not Kraft mac and cheese, not a bowl of cereal, but some good food. In the freezer I found a frozen chicken breast. In the fridge I found some Prego sauce and parmesan cheese... 

You guessed it, I made Chicken Parmesan for one. I adapted the recipe from {this website}, but by adapting I mean that I didn't have all the ingredients and I only wanted one chicken, so I improvised. I must say, it was quite tasty. 

the breaded chicken

ready to go in the oven

voala

I promise I ate my greens during lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment