Sunday, July 10, 2011

Beaching and Crabbing

The 4th of July might be my favorite time of the summer. For years and years I have gone to Galveston with friends to tube, wakeboard, tan, play sand volleyball, and just have a lot of fun.

The past two years, I have gotten to spend the weekend with my husband's family at a beach house. It is always ultimate relaxation filled with lots of sleeping, sunning, eating, and games. With the drought we are going through in Texas, there was/is a huge burn ban. No fireworks for 2011, but that didn't keep us from having an AWESOME weekend.


They cleaned the beach for us... notice no seaweed!

all I see is a relaxing day!

this is mi madre... she is being a little sassy

my sister, Megan

trying to be artsy

just a normal game

show me your shell

heyyy hannah!

the sun setting on july 3rd

me and my hubby

leaving the beach at sunset

4th of July

crabbing with stephen and the gentry family.

my crab!

me with another crab. can you see him in the net?

we decided to set my crab free. he was a bit angry for being trapped so long

chase kicking my crab into freedom

Chase was 'Mr. Game Man'. Every free moment, he wanted to play a game. I'm sad I don't have any pictures of that. It was such a wonderful long weekend though. Relaxing and fun! Thank you Gentry Family (and Mom, Stephen, and Megan for visiting us)!

No comments:

Post a Comment