Thursday, June 7, 2012

don't lose sight

day two.

rigorous. mentally exhausting. inspiring.

i must say that my overall feeling right now is overwhelmed. i am meeting students and parents and community leaders from the area i am teaching. meeting these people has made me reflect on what i want my classroom to look like and what kind of classroom leader will i be. with so many thoughts and ideas floating in my head, it was sooooo wonderful to have dinner with the principal of my school and other tfa corps members who will be at my school.

dinner was for sure the highlight of my day. before dinner, i only knew of one other tfa member that would be at the school with me. during dinner i met the four others who will be at my school. not to mention, my principal said she is still looking to hire a couple more corps members. what i loved was just getting to hear her vision for the school and her passion for education and the kids at her school.

-----

:: tid-bit ::

"Who is in charge of your life? If it is you, then you have good reason to worry.
But if it is I, then worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive.
When you start to feel anxious about something, relinquish the situation to Me...
In this world you will have problems, but you need not lose sight of Me."
--Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

john 16:33
i have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.
here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.
but take heart, because i have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment