Saturday, June 30, 2012

one text message

Who knew so much truth and encouragement could come through one text message...

"Hey girl! I was just thinking and praying for you today and wanted you to know that we love you and are so proud of you for taking this step of faith and following God into this challenging world of teaching. I also wanted to remind you that even though this is really hard, God does not call the equipped, He equips the called!! Welcome to the "getting equipped phase". Take a moment to thank Him for loving you so much that in order to give you the best He has for you, He put you in this place not to do the work perfectly, not to get everything turned in on time, not to get every project just right, but rather to increase your faith and reliance upon Him! You can't do this on your own, so do what you can, but let go of TASKS, so that you can embrace the RELATIONSHIP!!! He loves you so much, and is freakin' crazy about you!! He also knows your busy and stressed out mind, and it breaks His heart to see you like this. He calmed literal storms by saying 'Peace, be still'. Let Him calm your worries and anxiety, He is on your team!! I love you and am praying for you EVERY DAY. Sweet dreams."

TFA Institute is stinkin' tough, but I know everyone goes through hard and tough things. 
I hope that you will take away a little from my friend's message. 



Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. 
Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. 
Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment